- E-Health Research Centre (EHRC)
- Machine Intelligence & Robotics CoE (MINRO)
- Centre for IT & Public Policy (CITAPP)
- Cognitive Computing CoE (CCC)
- Centre for Accessibility in the Global South (CAGS)
- COMET Tech Innovation Hub (NM-ICPS)
- IIITB Innovation Centre
- Modular Open-Source Identity Platform (MOSIP)
- Surgical and Assistive Robotics Lab
- Web Science Lab
- Multimodal Perception Lab
- Software Engineering Lab
- High Density Electronic Systems Lab
- Networking and Communication Lab
- Indian Knowledge System (IKS) Lab
- Smart City Lab
- Ascend Studio
- Radar Sensing Lab
- Mahabala Ganaka Labs
- Advanced Wireless Communications Lab
- Speech Lab
- Connected Devices and Wearables Lab
- Exchange Program
- Verification Process
- Programme Outcomes
- Academic Calendar
- Online Education
- Continuing Professional Education
- Campus Life
- About Us
IIIT Bangalore has had close association with the industry, which plays a key role in its growth even as it draws on the institute for talent and joint research. IIIC aims to bridge the gap between the institute and the industry and offer real time exposure on projects and other developments.
What does IIIC do?
- Institute’s sounding board on matters of offering professional education to industry
- Identifies IT skills gaps in the industry
- Forecasts IT skill requirements of the industry based on business & technology trends
- Articulate key business hurdles that can be addressed by technology
- Address the student community about industry trends & opportunities
- Joint research & consultancy
The IIIC plays a key role in bringing together government agencies, universities, industry faculty and students resulting in major contributions to design and development of the implementation of ICT in the country and across the world. The consultancy service facilitates, coordinates and administers sponsored and consultancy projects. It also identifies and protects IP rights and manages transfer of technology and commercialization.
- Internship & full time placement
We have a track record of 100% placement
MTech (ECE and CSE) & M.Sc. in Digital Society: Students undergo 6-months internship before their graduation and full time placements.
iMtech: Students undertake 2.5 months of summer internship, followed by coursework. They also undergo 6-month internship in their 10th semester before they are available for full time placements.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on https://www.iiitb.ac.in/placements for more details.
- Alumni programme
Over 3500 of the institute’s alumni are working in leading firms and many are successful entrepreneurs. We connect with them through research collaborations, lectures by distinguished achievers, mentorship activities, knowledge sharing sessions with current students, etc.
- Executive education for IT professionals
The institue is open to discuss various executive programmes for industry members who are interested in upskilling.
To know more, write to email@example.com
The institute offers scholarships to the top 18 iMtech students (Dean's Merit List) as well as Benevolent Fund Scholarship for those in need. All MTech students receive AICTE scholarship for both their years and iMTech students receive AICTE scholarship based on GATE in their final year.
- Advisory Board
Key industry members are part of the institute’s advisory board. They help the institute understand the current trends and needs of the industry.
- Corporate Social Responsibility
Industry is welcome to support the institute through its CSR initiatives. Apart from our educational activities, the IIITB Innovation Centre is eligible to receive funds under CSR. Founded in 2009, the IIITB Innovation Centre has already incubated about a dozen startups, and is currently incubating a host of technology startups in areas such as medical devices, Aadhaar-based devices for financial inclusion, social media and smart metering solutions.
The industry has supported the institute with corpus donations, chair professorship, scholarships and research support.
We don’t receive any grants towards our operating expenditure from the government, but we are able to maintain a moderate student fees owing to the support from industries in the form of CSR.
In case the industry does not want to use CSR funds, but account the grant/donation as expenditure in the books of accounts, the industry will get benefits under Section 35 (1) (2) of the IT Act which enables the industry to account 175% of the donation as allowable expenditure and reduce the income tax substantially.
- Mentoring start-ups at IIITB Innovation Centre
Industry can play a vital role in mentoring the startups, be it advising about the market, help with funding & strategy. The Innovation Centre invites accomplished professionals - in the field of IT, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Venture Funding – to join its panel of mentors.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org or click https://www.iiitb.ac.in/ for more details.