- About Us
- Master's Programmes
- Integrated Programmes
- Research Programmes
- Continuing Professional Education
- Deans List
- Summer Internship
- Student Merit Scholarship
- Life @ IIITB
The Master of Science degree is intended for mature students who wish to learn and perform research in a supportive academic environment. It is awarded upon successful completion of a graduate-level research program, usually lasting four semesters. Beyond the satisfaction of a relatively small number of coursework requirements, the major focus of the program is on developing research skills, leading to the completion of a Master's thesis describing significant original results. Most M.S. by Research students are working professionals (some already working as research scientists in reputed organizations or government bodies), who are sponsored by their employers.
Eligibility for Admission
- The eligibility conditions shall be approved by the Chairman, Senate.
- Currently for admission to the programme, a bachelors degree in engineering (B.Tech., B.E., or equivalent) is the minimal requirement.
- The requirements may change for some of the research domains and in cases of exceptional applicants, for which the Senate shall deliberate on specific processes.