- E-Health Research Centre (EHRC)
- Machine Intelligence & Robotics CoE (MINRO)
- Centre for IT & Public Policy (CITAPP)
- Cognitive Computing CoE (CCC)
- Centre for Accessibility in the Global South (CAGS)
- COMET Tech Innovation Hub (NM-ICPS)
- IIITB Innovation Centre
- Modular Open-Source Identity Platform (MOSIP)
- Surgical and Assistive Robotics Lab
- Web Science Lab
- Multimodal Perception Lab
- Software Engineering Lab
- High Density Electronic Systems Lab
- Networking and Communication Lab
- Indian Knowledge System Lab
- Smart City Lab
- Ascend Studio
- Radar Sensing Lab
- Mahabala Ganaka Labs
- Advanced Wireless Communications Lab
- Speech Lab
- Connected Devices and Wearables Lab
- Exchange Program
- Verification Process
- Programme Outcomes
- Academic Calendar
- Online Education
- Continuing Professional Education
- Campus Life
- About Us
The VLSI Systems domain encompasses a broad range of topics covering several aspects such as, digital and analog hardware systems, FPGA implementations, custom fabricated VLSI circuits, design methodologies around EDA flows, verification and validation, system prototyping. Further, it also includes realization of real time embedded systems where both the hardware and the software components are treated agnostically based on end system requirements; embedded implementation of feedback control using variegated sensors. We also focus on emerging technologies based on Micro and Nano-electro mechanical devices – fabrication of 2D/3D structures, characterization and system applications. Active areas of research can be classified in to the following domains:
- High Density Electronics System (HIDES) Lab
The lab is used extensively to carry out high-end research as well as to support undergraduate and post-graduate teaching.
The lab has Intel and Arduino controller boards; an ABB commercial robot; a Firebird V robotic kit; Agilent Parametric Analyzer; Cascode DC Probe station; Carl Zeiss High resolution optical microscope; Makerbot 3D Printer; Wet lab for wet etching, copper plating, and dip soldering; Thermal and Electron beam evaporator; and high end oscilloscopes, function generators and power supplies.
The lab also has a variety of software suites, including: IC nanometer Design suite, VLSI Design, Verification and Test suite, PCB Expedition suite and Mechanical Analysis suite from Mentor Graphics; Cadence VLSI Design suite, Ansys HFSS, National Instruments Multisim, etc.
Further details regarding the research lab and students can be found at this link.
- Center for Electronics and Embedded Systems (CEEMS) Lab
The CEEMS Lab is a multi-disciplinary lab that supports research and education in Embedded hardware and computing, wireless communication and computer vision.
Facilities in the lab include spectrum analyzer, signal analyzer, vector signal generator, controller, processor and sensor boards; and softwares including Code Composer Studio, Real View Development Suite, National Instrument Labview, Lego Mindstroms Education Nxt software, 3S Device Management Software, Xilinx 13.0, etc and CEEMS lab is funded by the Government of Karnataka.