- E-Health Research Centre (EHRC)
- Machine Intelligence & Robotics CoE (MINRO)
- Centre for IT & Public Policy (CITAPP)
- Cognitive Computing CoE (CCC)
- Centre for Accessibility in the Global South (CAGS)
- COMET Tech Innovation Hub (NM-ICPS)
- IIITB Innovation Centre
- Modular Open-Source Identity Platform (MOSIP)
- Surgical and Assistive Robotics Lab
- Web Science Lab
- Multimodal Perception Lab
- Software Engineering Lab
- High Density Electronic Systems Lab
- Networking and Communication Lab
- Indian Knowledge System (IKS) Lab
- Smart City Lab
- Ascend Studio
- Radar Sensing Lab
- Mahabala Ganaka Labs
- Advanced Wireless Communications Lab
- Speech Lab
- Connected Devices and Wearables Lab
- Exchange Program
- Verification Process
- Programme Outcomes
- Academic Calendar
- Online Education
- Continuing Professional Education
- Campus Life
- About Us
- Executive PG Programme in Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence
- Program Curriculum Details
- Executive PG Programme in ML & AI FAQ
Lead the AI-driven technological revolution by upskilling yourself in cutting-edge concepts and applications of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
The highly selective and rigorous 13-month online Executive PG Programme, co-developed by IIIT Bangalore and upGrad aims to prepare professionals for advanced Data Science and Machine Learning roles. This program will help you:
Learn Classification Algorithms, Deep Learning, NLP, Reinforcement Learning, Graphical Models and Deployment Models.
Create intelligent solutions such as Chatbots, Smart Games and Image Classifiers.
Participate in hackathons and develop a portfolio of industry projects.
Following are some of the USPs of the program:
Master advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence concepts such as Neural Networks, Natural Language Processing, Graphical Models and Reinforcement Learning.
For the Industry, By the Industry
Learn the most advanced applications which are transforming companies such as Chat Bots, Image Classifiers, Intelligent Games. These projects are created in close collaboration with industry experts to help you develop an in-depth understanding of industry trends.
Apply for suitable Data Science, Machine Learning and AI profiles through our career support. You will get 1:1 industry mentorship which will help you prepare for the roles of tomorrow.
Due to the prevailing COVID-19 restrictions, we are unable to answer queries on calls. Please feel free to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries and clarifications.
The program has been built to give the participants exposure to the most advanced concepts in the field of Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence and in the process, produce extremely well-rounded Data Scientists and AI professionals. The curriculum, meticulously designed with inputs from the industry, will equip participants with deep knowledge of statistics, expertise in relevant tools/languages and understanding of cutting-edge algorithms and applications. The key areas of focus will be:
Course 0 - Pre Program Preparation
- Introduction to Python
- Python for Data Science
- Math for Machine Learning
- Data Visualisation in Python
- Data Analysis using SQL
- Advanced SQL
Course 1 - Statistics and Exploratory Data Analytics
- Analytics Problem Solving
- Investment Case Study
- Inferential Statistics
- Hypothesis Testing
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Group Project
Course 2 - Machine Learning 1
- Linear Regression
- Investment Case Study
- Linear Regression Assignment
- Logistic Regression
- Naive Bayes
- Model Selection
Course 3 - Machine Learning 2
- Advanced Regression
- Support Vector Machine (Optional)
- Tree Models
- Model Selection - Practical Considerations
- Unsupervised Learning: Clustering
- Unsupervised Learning: Principal Component Analysis
- Telecom Churn Case Study
Course 4 - Natural Language Processing
- Lexical Processing
- Syntactic Processing
- Syntactic Processing - Assignment
- Semantic Processing
- Building Chatbots with Rasa
Course 5 - Deep Learning
- Introduction to Neural Networks
- Neural Networks - Assignment
- Convolutional Neural Networks - Industry Applications
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- Neural Networks Project - Gesture Recognition
Course 6 - Reinforcement Learning
- Classical Reinforcement Learning
- Assignment - Classical Reinforcement Learning
- Deep Reinforcement Learning
- Reinforcement Learning Project
Course 7 - Capstone
1. What is the Executive PG Program in Machine Learning & AI with upGrad and IIIT Bangalore?
This a industry-relevant yet academically-rigorous 13 month program covering Machine Learning and AI concepts. It is specifically designed for working professionals with Math/Software Engineering/Statistics/Analytics backgrounds to help them gain practical knowledge and accelerate entry into Advanced Data Science and Machine Learning roles. This is not a program for professionals to transition to entry level data science positions.
2. How do I know if this program is for me?
This program is for you if you are a:
- Data Scientist or Senior Data Analyst : If you are comfortable with data wrangling, have implemented statistical or machine learning models in past and have spent at least 2 years as a working professional. You should also have some experience with R/Python/Scala.
- Statistician : If you received formal education in statistics or mathematics and have at least 2 years of working experience.
- Data Engineer/Big Data Engineer : If you have at least 2 years of experience in creating data pipelines / handling data warehouses and you have created ETL procedures. In addition, you should be familiar with various frameworks and tools like Hadoop and Spark.
- Software Developer : If you have worked on creating and deploying software/apps for at least 4 years, you are comfortable with object oriented programming and know C/C++/Java/Python or a similar language.
3. How will this program benefit me?
The program will benefit you in different ways depending upon your prior experience:
- Data Scientist or Senior Data Analyst: The program will familiarize you with advancements in ML and AI. It will also help you understand the mathematics behind algorithms and how you can modify them to suit your needs so that you can transition to a Senior Data Science or Machine Learning role.
- Statistician/ Mathematician: Apart from familiarizing you with advancements in ML and AI, the program will help you understand how to define a structured approach to solve a business problem, and equip you will the right tools so that you can transition to a Machine Learning or a Data Science role.
- Data Engineer/Big Data Engineer: The program will set up a solid foundation of statistics, Machine learning and AI along with problem solving skills so that you can solve enterprise level problems. It will build upon your existing knowledge of various tools to make you a full stack Machine Learning or Data Science professional.
- Software Developers: The program will help you create a strong foundation of statistics, machine learning and business understanding. It will leverage your existing knowledge of programming and expand the technologies you are familiar with so that you can become a well-rounded Machine Learning professional.
4. What is the program intended to do?
This program intends to produce extremely well-rounded data scientists and AI professionals with deep knowledge of mathematics, expertise in relevant tools/languages and understanding of cutting-edge algorithms and applications.
5. What can I expect out of this program?
This program is designed for working professionals looking to pick up skills in advanced concepts like Reinforcement Learning, Graphical Models, NLP, Deep Learning along with a solid foundation of Statistics. This program demands consistent work and time commitment over the entire duration of 11 months.
6. What should I NOT expect from this program?
This program is NOT intended to serve as an entry point to the field of Data Science. It is aimed at developing professionals who can be absorbed in Senior Data Science and Machine Learning/AI roles. Executive PG Program in ML & AI is aimed at facilitating the transition of professionals to the Data Science field.
7. How will my doubts/questions be addressed in an online program?
All academic doubts would be cleared in the following manner:
- Peer to peer discussion forum where you can post your queries and your peers/Faculty/Teaching Assistants answer your query within a day.
- Q&A session with Faculty to get clarification on conceptual doubts.
8. What type of learning experience should I expect?
The content will be largely asynchronous, consisting of interactive lectures from industry leaders and world-renowned faculty. Additionally, the program comprises live lectures and hangout sessions dedicated to solving your academic queries and reinforcing learning.
9. Is there any certification granted at the end of the program?
Post completion of the program, an Executive PG Program in Machine Learning and AI certificate would be awarded by IIIT – Bangalore.
10. What is the selection process for this program?
upGrad, IIITB, world renowned faculty and many industry leaders have committed a lot of time in conceptualizing and creating this program to make sure that the candidates can receive the best possible learning experience. Hence we want to make sure that the participants of this program also show a very high level of commitment and passion towards Machine Learning and AI.
The applicants will have to take a selection test designed to check their mathematical and programming abilities. The applicants can skip the test if they meet the following criteria: Post-Graduate in Mathematics/Statistics with 60% in graduation and more than 2 years of total work experience.
11. What is the program fee for the Executive PG Program in Machine Learning & AI?
The program is priced at INR 3,35,000/- with various flexible payment options