Admissions Announcement for 2014
Integrated Mtech Admissions 2nd list announced
IIITB announces admissions to the Integrated M.Tech. programme for the academic year 2014-15. You can apply online from March 1, 2014 onwards.
IIITB introduced a 5 year Integrated M.Tech. (iMTech) program from 2012 onwards.The Integrated M.Tech. program is a 5-year dual degree program intended for students who have completed or are completing Plus Two (or equivalent). At the end of five years of the program, successful students get M.Tech. degree and B.Tech. degree in IT.
The minimum qualification for admission to the Integrated M.Tech. programme at IIITB is a first-class in 10 + 2 (or equivalent) with Mathematics as one of the subjects. Students expecting to complete the minimum requirement by August 2014 may also apply. The detailed list of qualifying examinations is given below.
DETAILED LIST OF QUALIFYING EXAMINATIONS
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system
- H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
- 3 or 4-year diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
All the candidates must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in qualifying examination. The percentage of marks awarded by the Board will be treated as final. If the Board does not award the percentage of marks, it will be calculated based on the marks obtained in all subjects listed in the mark sheet. If any Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of counselling / admission. In case such a certificate is not provided the decision taken by the IIITB Admissions Committee shall be final.
Admissions to the Integrated M.Tech. programme is solely on the basis of All India Rank announced under the Joint Entrance Examination JEE (Main) - 2014 results, conducted by CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION. Applicants must update the requisite details in the online application form.
There is no fixed cut-off of JEE All India Rank for admissions to the iMTech programme. In 2013, admission offers were made upto JEE All India Rank of 18964. The JEE All India Rank cut-off for 2014 will vary depending upon the actual applications received.
How to Apply
Online applications to Integrated M.Tech. programme for the academic year 2014-15 is closed now.
Last date for receiving online applications
July 12, 2014
Selection and Joining
Notification of selected candidate on the candidate portal
(to be checked by the candidates by signing in to the portal)
July 15, 2014
Remittance of acceptance fee
As noted in offer letter
Joining date for the new batch
August 8, 2014
Induction and course registration
August 8-11, 2014
August 11, 2014
Candidates are encouraged to complete the online application process (including the payment of application fee) well before the announcement of the JEE (main) results. Such of those candidates will be given a provision to update their JEE(Main) score in the portal as and when the results are available.
Write to IIIT-B Registrar or email@example.com for any queries.