Social Profile Links
Professor & Faculty-in-charge Institutional & Finance
Education : Ph.D. (University of Iowa)
Dr. V. Sridhar (firstname.lastname@example.org) is Professor at the Centre for IT and Public Policy at the International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore, India. He is the author of two books published by the Oxford University Press: The Telecom Revolution in India: Technology, Regulation and Policy (2012), and The Dynamics of Spectrum Management: Legacy, Technology, and Economics (2014). His third book titled Emerging ICT Polices and Regulations: Roadmap to Digital Economies was published in 2019 by Springer Nature. He is currently editing a book titled Data Centric Living: Algorithms, Digitization and Regulation, to be published by Routledge. Dr. Sridhar has taught at many Institutions in the USA, Finland, New Zealand and India. He has received funding from different sources, both national and international for his research projects, recent ones being from Facebook and Azim Premji University Research Foundation. He has been a member of Government of India committees on Telecom and IT and has published many peer reviewed articles in telecom and information systems journals. Dr. Sridhar has a Ph.D. from the University of Iowa, U.S.A.
His complete works can be accessed at: http://www.vsridhar.info
- Research Interests:
- Honors and Awards
- Selected Publications
- Research & Consulting
- Other Information
Fourth Annual Excellence in Research Journal Award 2010, IGI Global (for the Best Article titles 'Challenges of Information Security Management in an R&D Services Company: Case of WirelessComSoft' in the Journal of Cases in Information Technology)
Award for Excellence in Research, Management Development Institute Gurgaon 2007-2008
Nokia Visiting Fellow, Awarded by Nokia Research Foundation, Hosted by Networking Lab, Helsinki University of Technology, Espoo, Finland, Apr-June, 2007
Best Faculty Award, Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow, 2000-2001.
Only the very recent ones are presented here. For complete list of publications, please refer to www.vsridhar.info
- Sridhar, V. (Under Review). Data Centric Living: Algorithms, Digitization and Regulation. Edited Volume. Routledge.
- Sridhar, V. (2019). Emerging ICT Polices and Regulations: Roadmap to Digital Economies. Springer Nature. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-32-9022-8.
- Prasad, R., and Sridhar, V. (2014). The Dynamics of Spectrum Management: Legacy, Technology, and Economics. Oxford University Press. DOI:10.1093/acprof:oso/9780198099789.001.0001.
- Sridhar, V. (2012). Telecom Revolution in India: Technology, Regulation and Policy. New Delhi, India: Oxford University Press, ISBN-13: 978-0-19-807553-0; ISBN-10: 0-19-807553-7.
- Sridhar, V. and Saha, D. and (2013). (Ed.) Web-Based Multimedia Advancements in Data Communications and Networking Technologies (as part of the series in Advances in Business Data Communications and Networking), Hershey, PA, USA: IGI Global, ISBN: 978-1-4666-2026-1 (Hardcover); ISBN: 978-1-4666-2027-8 (eBook).
- Saha, D. and Sridhar, V. (2012). (Ed.) Next Generation Data Communications Technologies: Emerging Trends (as part of the series in Advances in Business Data Communications and Networking), Hershey, PA, USA: IGI Global, ISBN: 978-1-61350-477-2(Hardcover), ISBN: 978-1-61350-478-9 (eBook).
- Sridhar, V. and Saha, D. (2011). (Ed.) Recent Advances in Broadband Integrated Network Operations and Services Management (as part of the series in Advances in Business Data Communications and Networking), Hershey, PA, USA: IGI Global, ISBN: 978-1-60960-589-6 (Hardcover), ISBN: 978-1-60960-590-2 (eBook).
Recent Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
Chouhan, Amitoj Singh., Sridhar, V., Shrisha Rao. (Accepted). Service Provider Strategies in Telecommunications Markets: Analytical and Simulation. Analysis. Sādhanā (Published by the Indian Academy of Sciences).
Sridhar, V., Girish K, Badrinarayan M. (2020). Analysis of Crowdsourced Data for Estimating Data Speeds across Service Areas of India. Telecommunication Systems. DOI: 10.1007/s11235-020-00736-z
Potluri, Sai Rakshith, Sridhar, V., Rao, Shrisha. (2020). Effects of Data Localization on Digital Trade: An Agent-Based Modeling Approach. Telecommunications Policy. 44(9). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.telpol.2020.102022
Sridhar, V., Vadivelu, Selvaraj. (2020). Satellite phone development through an off-shore, outsourcing partnership: Client and Vendor Experiences. Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases.
Nandakishore, K.N., Sridhar, V., Srikanth, T.K. (2020). Key Quality of Service Attributes of Digital Platforms. Asia Pacific Journal of Information Systems. 30(1), 94-119.
Sridhar, V. (2019). Building a High Technology Product out of India: The Intelli-Fi way. Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases.
Sridhar, V. (2018). Gaming Robosoft Way: A Global Tech Start-up from a Small Town in India. Asian Business Case Centre. Case No: ABCC-2018-034. Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
Sridhar, V. (2018). Vistaar lends itself to small businesses. Asian Business Case Centre. Case No: ABCC-2018-029. Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
Sridhar, V., Selvaraj, V. (2017). Management of Outsourced Satellite Phone Development Project: Sasken’s Experience. Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases. 7(2), 114-121, DOI: 10.1057/s41266-017-0019-1.
Chapters in Edited Books
- Sridhar, V., Kotta, Chandana. (2020). Regulatory Framework for the National AI Market Place. In Competition and Regulation in India 2019: Digital Economy – Hitting the rest button on Competition and Regulatory Governance, Jaipur, India: CUTS International. ISBN: 978-81-8257-281-2. 131-147.
- Sridhar, V. (2016). Two-Sided Markets and their Impact on Economy: Cases from India. In Pursuing Competition and Regulatory Reforms for Achieving SDGs. ISBN: 978-81-8257-244-7, Jaipur, India: CUTS International, 253-278.
- Sridhar, V., Casey, T., and Hämmäinen, H. (2014). A Causal Model Analysis of Spectrum Management Policies. In Hu, W-C. (Ed.). Multidisciplinary Perspectives on Telecommunications, Wireless Systems, and Mobile Computing, DOI 10.4018/978-1-4666-4715-2.ch004, ISBN13: 9781466647152; EISBN13: 9781466647169, Hershey,PA, USA: IGI Global, 59-80.
- Sridhar, V., and Basaure, A. (2014). DSA Applications and Scenerios: Cases of Finland and India. In Medeisis, A., & Holland, O. (Ed.). Cognitive Radio Policy and Regulation: Techno-Economic Studies to Facilitate Dynamic Spectrum Access. DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-04022-6, ISBN 978-3-319-04021-9, ISBN 978-3-319-04022-6 (eBook), Switzerland: Springer International Publishing, 75-79.
Conference Presentations (Recent)
- Sridhar, V. (2018). Internet access and Economic Development: Comparative Study of India and China. Indo-China Conference 2018 on "Economic Growth in India and China: Social and Economic Impacts", jointly organised by Institute for Social and Economic Change (ISEC) and Sichuan Academy of Social Sciences (SASS), Bangalore, 27-28 September 2018.
- Sridhar, V. (2016). Cross border digital flows and its economic impacts, 14th South Asian Network of Economic Research Institutes (SANEI) Annual Conference, Kathmandu, Nepal, 7-8 November, 2016.
Post Graduate Courses (currently teaching)
- Privacy in Digital Age
- Quantitative Data Analysis for Public Policy
- Techno-Economics of Networks
- IT Project and Product Management
- ICT Policy and Regulation
Undergraduate Courses(currently teaching)
Ongoing Funded Research Projects
Sridhar, V., Balaji, Parthasarathy, & Preeti Mudliar. Online and offline livelihoods - An analysis of the impact of the gig economy on worker participation. Azim Premji University Research Grant. Funded by Azim Premji University (Oct 2019 – Mar 2021) for INR 19,55,800
Sridhar, V. & Shrisha Rao. Regulatory Impact Assessment of the National AI Market Place of India. Facebook AI Ethics Research Grant funded by Facebook (Oct 2019-Mar 2020). For INR 14,08,750.
Sridhar, V. & Prasad, Rohit. The Future of Licensed Spectrum in a 5G-OTT World. Funded by the Indian Institute of Management IDEA Telecom Centre of Excellence (Apr 2019-Dec 2020) for Rs. 18,48,230/-
Sridhar, V. “Cross-border Digital Flows and its Economic Impacts”, selected for funding of $9,600 (one of 10 selected) in the South Asia Network of Economic Research Institutes (SANEI) 16th Round Regional Research Competition. Feb 2015-Jan 2016.
Sridhar, V., & Prasad, Rohit. A techno-economic study of Spectrum of the Commons and associated policy implications. Funded by the Indian Institute of Management IDEA Telecom Centre of Excellence for Rs. 488,750), (Jan 2015-Dec 2015).
A Study on the Potential Adoption of E-Learning on Portable Mobile Devices and its Impact on Wireless Broadband Usage. Funded by the Indian Institute of Management IDEA Telecom Centre of Excellence (Apr 2011-Apr 2013) for Rs. 172,000). (with Subhash P and Siddarth Gaikwad).
Ph.D./ Fellow Programme/ M.S. Thesis Guided (Current Scholars)
- Cledwyn Fernandez. (Current). India Post: A story of Competition, Collaboration and Technological innovation. Xavier Labour Research Institute (XLRI). (Ph.D. Thesis Advisory Committee Member).
- Pramoth Joseph. (Current). An investigation of Open Innovation, Open Platoform and Open Source. IIIT-B (M.S. Thesis Supervisor).
- Harshitha Ravindra. (Current). Healthcare informatics and visualization. IIIT-B (Ph.D. Thesis Advisory Committee Member).
- Sanjay, VP. (Current). ICT-enabled transformations in agriculture markets and participation of smallholding farmers. IIIT-B (Ph.D. Thesis Advisory Committee Member).
- Anuradha Mitra. (Current). Redesigning Indian Telecom Regulation for a 5G Future.The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), India (Ph.D. Thesis Co-Supervisor).
- Deepti Anand. (Current). Analysis of System Requirements Specification of software systems for regulatory and standard compliance. IIIT-B (Ph.D. Thesis Supervisor).
- Arvind Upreti. (Current) Analysis of the automation of tasks in the profession of Information Technology (IT) and its impact on the occupation of the IT services industry. IIIT-B (Ph.D. Thesis Supervisor).
- Nandakishore. K.N. (2019) Defining and verifying Service Quality metrics in Digital Platforms. International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore. IIIT-B. (M.S. Thesis Co-Supervisor).
Government and Professional Committees
- Member, IT and ITeS Sectional Committee, Services Sector Department 10, Bureau of Indian Standards, June 2020 – Current.
- Member, Technical and Financial Advisory Committee, E-Procurement, Centre for E-Governance, Government of Karnataka. Apr 2019-Current.
- Member, Think Tank on Digital Markets, Competition Commission of India. Sep 2018 – Current.
- Member Secretary of the Task Group on Karnataka Cyber Security Vision, Karnataka Jnana AAyoga (Karnataka Knowledge Commission). State of Karnataka, India. January 2018 – Jun 2019.
- Member of Communication Systems and Networks (COMSNETS) Association, Sep 2014-Current.
- Member of the Review Committee of IIMA IDEA Telecom Centre of Excellence (IITCOE), Indian Institute of Managament Ahmedabad, May 2012- Current.
- Member of the Committee for Allocation of Access (GSM/ CDMA) Spectrum and Pricing, Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications and IT, Government of India, June 2008-May 2009 (referred to as Subodh Kumar Committee).
Co-Editor (2009-2013), International Journal of Business Data Communications and Networking, (ISSN: 1548-0631, eISSN: 1548-064X), Idea Group Publishing.
Member of the Editorial Board, Telecom Business Review. Symbiosis International University
Member of the Editorial Board, Journal of Global Information Management, Idea Group Publishing.
Administrative Position Held
- Dean (Rearch & Consulting: 2003-2008), Management Development Institute, Gurgaon, India.