- Exchange Program
- Verification Process
- Programme Outcomes
- Academic Calendar
- Online Education
- Continuing Professional Education
- Campus Life
- About Us
Education : Ph.D. (University of Waterloo)
Subhajit Sen passed with B.Tech in Electronics Engineering from Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India in 1984, M.S. from Louisiana State University, U.S.A. in 1991 and with Ph.D in Electrical & Computer Engineering from University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada in 1997. His Ph.D thesis was in the area of design of Analog-Digital converters for wireless communications. Between 1984 to 1988 he worked at Semiconductor Complex Ltd., Chandigarh, India. Subsequent to his Ph.D studies and till 2009 he has worked in the Indian semiconductor industry (Arcus Technologies, Cypress Semiconductors, Cirrus Logic, Sasken Communications, SiRF Technologies) both as a senior level individual contributor as well as project manager for the design of analog modules and sub-systems for fiber-optic communication, audio, video, defense-electronics and GPS related products. He has two U.S. patents in the areas of trans-impedance amplifier(TIA) and PLL charge-pump. He worked at Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information & Communication Technology(DA-IICT), Gandhinagar as Associate Professor from April 2009 – May 2013. His general interests are in analog and mixed-signal VLSI integrated circuit & system design, digitally-assisted analog circuit design, embedded-systems for bio-medical and energy-harvesting applications. He is also interested in history of Indian science and technology.
His detailed profile, profession & personal interests can be also viewed at:
Analog and mixed-signal VLSI integrated circuit & system design, Digitally-assisted analog circuit design, Embedded-systems for biomedical and energy-harvesting applications, RF Circuit Design
- Subhajit Sen, “Analysis of Tracking Distortion in Bootstrapped gate MOSFET Sample-Hold Circuits and a Method for its Minimization”, IETE Journal of Research, Jan-Feb 2011.
- W. Yu, S. Sen, B. Leung, “ Distortion Analysis of Sampling Mixer Using Time-varying Volterra series”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-II, January 1999.
- S. Sen, B.Leung, "A Class-AB High-speed Low-power Opamp in BiCMOS Technology",IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits,,September 1996, Vol. 31, No. 9,pp. 1325-1330.
- Uma Kulkarni, Chetan Parikh, Subhajit Sen, “A systematic approach to determining the weights of capacitors in the DAC of a non-binary redundant SAR ADC”, IEEE International Conference on VLSI Design, Jan. 2018, Pune.
- Mahesh Zanwar, Subhajit Sen, "Programmable Output Multi-phase Switched-Capacitor Step-up DC-DC Converter with SAR-based Regulation", IEEE International Conference on VLSI Design, Jan. 2017.
- Mahesh Zanwar, Subhajit Sen, "Programmable CMOS Step-Up DC-DC Converter", 2016 IEEE ICSEE Conference, Eilat, Israel, Nov. 17th 2016
- Mahesh Zanwar, Subhajit Sen, "Design of CMOS Programmable Output Binary and Fibonacci Switched Capacitor Step-down DC-DC Converter", IEEE International Conference on VLSI Systems, Architectures, Technology, Applications, (IEEE VLSI-SATA), January 10-12 2016, Bangalore.
- Subhajit Sen, K.A.Shaik, J. Mukherji, P. Dhalvaniya, “A Distortion Reduction Technique, for Bootstrapped-Gate MOS Sample-and-Hold Circuits Using Body Effect Compensation”, IEEE-FTFC (Low-Voltage-Low-Power) Conference, May 6th 2014, Monte-Carlo, Monaco. (S. France).
- V.R.Bhumireddy, K.A.Shaik, A.Amara, Subhajit Sen, Chetan Parikh, D.Nagchoudhuri, A.Ioinovici, “Design of Low Power and High Speed Comparator with sub-32-nm Double Gate MOSFET”, IEEE International Conference On Circuits And Systems (ICCAS), 18th – 19th 2012 Sept., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Subhajit Sen, Noshir Dubash, Dan Babitch, “A Compact Temperature Recorder at 1.8μA/Hz Conversion rate and 1.1 °C accuracy for SOCs”, IEEE International Conference on VLSI Design, Jan. 2012.
- Subhajit Sen, A. Hadji-Abdolhamid, “A Low Glitch Current Switch with Reduced Swing and Its Application to PLL Charge Pump”, VLSI Design and Test Symposium (VDAT-2011), Pune, July 8th 2011.
- Sen, Subhajit., Leung B., “A 150 MHz 13-bit 12.5 mW IF Digitizer Using Sampling Mixer”, IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference, Santa Clara, USA, May 1998.
- Subhajit Sen, B.Leung, "A Low Power BiCMOS Opamp Using "Pseudo PNP" transistors" , IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), Chicago, May 1993.
- Subhajit Sen, B.Leung, “Low Power BiCMOS Opamp”, IEEE Bipolar Circuits & Technology Meeting (BCTM), Minneapolis, May, 1995.
A detailed publication list is here: My Publications
I teach the following courses:
- Digital Design (second semester I-Mtech)
- Advance Analog CMOS Design (second semester I-MTech)
- Analog Circuits & Systems (fifth semester I-MTech)
I welcome opportunities for collaborative research and consulting relatating to areas of my interest. I am currently consulting for a start-up company: SiliconMosaic
- Subhajit Sen, Chetan Parikh, “Design of Hearing Aids”, VLSI Design and Test Symposium (VDAT-2013), Jaipur, July 27th – 30th 2013, Jaipur.
- Subhajit Sen, Chetan Parikh and Dipankar Nagchoudhuri, “Fundamentals & Design of Phase-Locked Loops (PLLs)”, VLSI Design and Test Symposium (VDAT-2011), Pune, July 7th 2011.
Technical Memo: (Internal Technical Memo, Cirrus Logic): The Logical Effort Method and its Mixed-signal applications.
- US Patent No. 6,323,734: “Trans-impedance Amplifier”, Cypress Semiconductor.
- US Patent No. 7,053,684 : “ Reduced jitter charge pumps and circuits and systems utilizing the same”, Cirrus Logic.
- University of Cambridge (CAPE group): March 2014 and Oct/Nov. 2015
- ISEP, Paris: May 2014