- E-Health Research Centre (EHRC)
- Machine Intelligence & Robotics CoE (MINRO)
- Centre for IT & Public Policy (CITAPP)
- Cognitive Computing CoE (CCC)
- Centre for Accessibility in the Global South (CAGS)
- COMET Tech Innovation Hub (NM-ICPS)
- IIITB Innovation Centre
- Modular Open-Source Identity Platform (MOSIP)
- Surgical and Assistive Robotics Lab
- Web Science Lab
- Multimodal Perception Lab
- Software Engineering Lab
- High Density Electronic Systems Lab
- Networking and Communication Lab
- Indian Knowledge System Lab
- Smart City Lab
- Ascend Studio
- Radar Sensing Lab
- Mahabala Ganaka Labs
- Exchange Program
- Verification Process
- Programme Outcomes
- Academic Calendar
- Online Education
- Continuing Professional Education
- Campus Life
- About Us
Social Profile Links
Infosys Foundation Career Development Chair Professor
Education : Ph.D. (University of Luxembourg)
Dr. Srinivas Vivek joined the Institute as Assistant Professor in January 2018. He currently holds the Infosys Foundation Career Development Chair Professorship and is also a DST INSPIRE Faculty Fellow.
Prior Research/Academic Experience
Previously, he was a (post-doctoral) Research Associate in the Cryptography group of the Department of Computer Science at the University of Bristol between Jun'15-Dec'17. Prof. Nigel Smart was his supervisor.
He obtained his Ph.D. from the University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, in 2015. He was affiliated to the Laboratory of Algorithmics, Cryptology and Security (LACS) in the Computer Science and Communications Research Unit. His doctoral thesis was in Cryptography and was supervised by Prof. Jean-Sébastien Coron and Prof. David Galindo.
He did his M. Sc. (Engg.) at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, between 2008-2011. He was affiliated to the Department of Computer Science & Automation. His thesis was supervised by Prof. Veni Madhavan. Prior to this, he obtained B. Tech. in Information Technology from National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, India, in 2008.
- Research Interests:
- Honors and Awards
- Selected Publications
- Research & Consulting
- Other Information
He is interested in the interplay between the theory and the implementation aspects of cryptographic systems. His main research interests are in the design, analysis and implementation of side-channel countermeasures, and homomorphic encryption schemes and applications. His other research interests include algorithmic number theory.
Awards/ Grants / Chair Professorships
- Infosys Foundation Career Development Chair Professorship. Duration: 3 years (Aug 2021 - Jul 2024).
- Privacy-Preserving Identity Verification. Funder: Modular and Open Source Identity Platform (MOSIP) project. Role: Principal Investigator. Amount: ₹ 4,800,000. Duration: 3 years (Apr 2021 - Mar 2024).
- Inspire Faculty Award. Agency: Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. Amount: ₹ 3,500,000. Duration: 5 years (Jan 2018 - Dec 2022).
- Centre for Internet of Ethical Things. Agency: Government. of Karnataka, IN. Role: Co-Principal Investigator (Ethical Security Technology). Duration: 5 years (Jan 2022 - Dec 2026).
- Privacy Issues in Sharing Platforms. Company: Sonata Software Ltd., Bengaluru, IN. Role: Principal Investigator. Amount: ₹ 3,000,000. Duration: 3 years (Feb 2018 - Feb 2021).
His publications are available at DBLP and Google Scholar.
- Cryptographic Engineering (Aug-Dec 2018 + 2019 + 2020 + 2022)
- Concrete Mathematics (Aug-Dec 2022)
- Foundations of Cryptography (Jan-May 2021 + 2022, co-taught with Prof. Ashish Choudhury)
- Programming 1 (C Programming) (Aug-Dec 2019 + Nov 2020-Mar 2021, 2020-21 edition co-taught with Prof. Yashavant Kanetkar)
- Discrete Mathematics and Computability (Aug-Dec 2018 + 2019 + 2020 + 2021, 2018-20 editions were co-taught with Prof. Meenakshi D'Souza)
- Privacy-Preserving Machine Learning (Jan-May 2020, co-taught with Prof. Ashish Choudhury)
Editorial Board/ Programme Committee Memberships
- Santosh Kumar Upadhyaya (Ph.D., 2020 - )
- Shyam Murthy (Ph.D., 2018 - )
- Annapurna Valiveti (Ph.D., 2018 - )
- Anju S. Alexander (M.S.(Research), 2020 - )
- Deep Inder Mohan (I.M.Tech. thesis, 2021-22) (next job: Ph.D. candidate at Georgia Institute of Technology)