Social Profile Links
Education : Ph.D. (University of Luxembourg)
Dr. Srinivas Vivek joined the Institute as Assistant Professor in January 2018.
Prior Research/Academic Experience
Previously, he was a (post-doctoral) Research Associate in the Cryptography group of the Department of Computer Science at the University of Bristol between Jun'15-Dec'17. Prof. Nigel Smart was his supervisor.
He obtained his Ph.D. from the University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, in 2015. He was affiliated to the Laboratory of Algorithmics, Cryptology and Security (LACS) in the Computer Science and Communications Research Unit. His doctoral thesis was in Cryptography and was supervised by Prof. Jean-Sébastien Coron and Prof. David Galindo.
He did his M. Sc. (Engg.) at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, between 2008-2011. He was affiliated to the Department of Computer Science & Automation. His thesis was supervised by Prof. Veni Madhavan. Prior to this, he obtained B. Tech. in Information Technology from National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, India, in 2008.
- Programming 1 (C Programming) (Aug-Dec 2019)
- Discrete Mathematics and Computability (Aug-Dec 2018 + 2019, co-taught with Prof. Meenakshi D'Souza)
- Cryptographic Engineering (Aug-Dec 2018 + 2019)
- Privacy Preserving Machine Learning (Jan-Apr 2020, co-taught with Prof. Ashish Choudhury)
He is interested in the interplay between the theory and the implementation aspects of cryptographic systems. His main research interests are in the design, analysis and implementation of side-channel countermeasures, and homomorphic encryption schemes. His other research interests include algorithmic number theory.
Editorial Board/ Program Committee Memberships
- Inspire Faculty Award. Agency: Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. Amount: ₹ 3,500,000. Duration: 5 years (Feb 2018 - Feb 2023).
- Privacy Issues in Sharing Platforms. Company: Sonata Software Ltd., Bengaluru, IN. Role: Principal Investigator. Amount: ₹ 3,000,000. Duration: 3 years (Feb 2018 - Feb 2021).