Professor & Dean (R&D)
Education : Ph.D. (Brandenburg Technical University Cottbus)
Srinath Srinivasa heads the Web Science lab and is the Dean (R&D) at IIIT Bangalore, India. Srinath holds a Ph.D (magna cum laude) from the Berlin Brandenburg Graduate School for Distributed Information Systems (GkVI) Germany, an M.S. (by Research) from IIT-Madras and B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering from The National Institute of Engineering (NIE) Mysore. He works in the area of Web Science — that models of the impact of the web on humanity. Technology for educational outreach and social empowerment has been a primary motivation driving his research. He has participated in several initiatives for technology enhanced education including the VTU Edusat program, The National Programme for Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) and an educational outreach program in collaboration with Upgrad. He is a member of various technical and organizational committees for international conferences like International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM), ACM Hypertext, COMAD/CoDS, ODBASE, etc. He is also a life member of the Computer Society of India (CSI). As part of academic community outreach, Srinath has served on the Board of Studies of Goa University and as a member of the Academic Council of the National Institute of Engineering, Mysore. He has served as a technical reviewer for various journals like the VLDB journal, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, and IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing. He is also the recipient of various national and international grants for his research activities.
Current Professional Outreach:
- PC Member of ACM Hypertext
- PC Member of Socinfo: International Conference on Social Informatics
- PC Member of APCOSE: INCOSE Asia-Pacific Conference on Systems Engineering
- PC Member of ACM COMAD/CoDS
- PC Member of International Conference on Distributed and Internet Technology (ICDCIT)
- Steering Committee Member of International Conference on Big Data Analytics (BDA)
- Praseeda, Srinath Srinivasa and Prasad Ram. Validating the Myth of Average through Evidences. In Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Educational Data Mining (EDM 2019), ACM Press, Montreal, Canada, July 2019.
- Subramanian, A., and S. Srinivasa. “Semantic Interpretation and Integration of Open Data Tables.” In Geospatial Infrastructure, Applications and Technologies: India Case Studies, pp. 217-233. Springer, Singapore, 2018.
- Srinivasa S., Pavagada Subbanarasimha R. (2018) Design of the Cogno Web Observatory for Characterizing Online Social Cognition. In: Anirban Mondal, Himanshu Gupta, Jaideep Srivastava, P.Krishna Reddy, D.V.L.N. Somayajulu. (eds) Big Data Analytics. BDA 2018. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer, Cham.
- Chaitali Diwan, Srinath Srinivasa, and Prasad Ram. Computing Exposition Coherence of Learning Resources, In Proceedings of The 17th International Conference on Ontologies, Databases and Applications of Semantics (ODBASE 2018), Springer LNCS, Valletta, Malta, October 22-26, 2018.
- Sharath Srivatsa, Srinath Srinivasa. Narrative Plot Comparison Based on a Bag-of-actors Document Model. In Proceedings of the 29th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media (ACM HT’18), Baltimore, USA, ACM Press, July 2018.
- Lalingkar. A., Srinivasa, S. and Ram, P. (2018). Deriving semantics of learning mediation, In Proceedings of the 18th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT), IEEE, 9th July to 13th July, IIT Bombay.
- Sumant Kulkarni, Srinath Srinivasa, Tahir Dar. 2018. Syncretic Matching: Story Similarity Between Documents. In Proceedings of ACM IKDD Conference on Data Science and International Conference on Management of Data, Goa, India, Jan 2018 (CODS-COMAD 2018).
- S. K. Gudla, J. Bose, V. Gajam and S. Srinivasa, “Relevancy Ranking of User Recommendations of Services Based on Browsing Patterns,” 2017 16th IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA), Cancun, 2017, pp. 765-768. doi: 10.1109/ICMLA.2017.00-66
- Anish Bhanushali, Raksha Pavagada Subbanarasimha, and Srinath Srinivasa. Identifying Opinion Drivers on Social Media. In Proceedings of ODBASE 2017, Rhodes, Greece, October 23-27, 2017, Springer International Publishing, Cham, 242–253.
- Chaitali Diwan, Srinath Srinivasa, Bala Murali Krishna. Autonomous Spectrum Assignment of White Space Devices. Proceedings of the 12th EAI International Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks (CROWNCOM 2017), Lisbon, Portugal. September 2017.
- Asha Subramanian, Ved Kurien Mathai, Vikkurthi Manikanta, Janaki Vinesh Joshi and Srinath Srinivasa. Semantic Integration of Open Data Tables. Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Ontologies, Databases and Applications of Semantics (ODBASE 2016), Rhodes, Greece, October 2016.
- Aastha Madaan, Tiropanis Thanassis, Srinath Srinivasa, Wendy Hall. Observlets: Empowering Analytical Observations on Web Observatory, WWW’16 Companion Volume, April 11–15, 2016, Montréal, Québec, Canada.
- Asha Subramanian, Srinath Srinivasa, Vignesh S, Pavan Kumar R R. Semantic Integration of Structured Data Powered by Linked Open Data. Proceedings of 5th International Conference on Web Intelligence, Mining and Semantics (WIMS 15), Limassol, Cyprus, July 2015.
- Nirmal Kumar Sivaraman, Srinath Srinivasa. Abstractions, Expressions and Online Collectives. Proceedings of ACM Web Science 2015, Oxford University, UK, June 2015.
- Jayati Deshmukh, Srinath Srinivasa. Evolution of Cooperation with Entrenchment Effects. Proceedings of the International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (AAMAS 2015), Istanbul, Turkey, ACM Press, May 2015.
- Chinmay Jog, Sweety Agrawal, Srinath Srinivasa. Distributing a Trust Framework for Utilitarian Data Exchanges in Inter-Organizational Collaborations. Proceedings of the Second ACM iKDD Conference on Data Sciences (CoDS 2015), March 2015, Bangalore, India.
- MS Srinivasan, Srinath Srinivasa, Sunil Thulasidasan. A comparative study of two models for celebrity identification on Twitter. In proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Management of Data (COMAD 2014), Hyderabad, India, December 2014.
- Chinmay Jog, Sweety Agrawal, Srinath Srinivasa. RootSet: A Distributed Trust-based Knowledge Representation Framework For Collaborative Data Exchange. Demo Paper in the 20th International Conference on Management of Data (COMAD 2014), Hyderabad, India, December 2014.
- Sweety Agrawal, Chinmay Jog, Srinath Srinivasa. Integrity Management in a Trusted Utilitarian Data Exchange Platform. Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Ontologies, Databases and Applications of Semantics (ODBASE 2014), Amantea, Italy, October 2014.
- Aditya Ramana Rachakonda, Srinath Srinivasa, Sumant Kulkarni, M S Srinivasan. A Generic Framework and Methodology for Extracting Semantics from Co-occurrences. Data & Knowledge Engineering, Elsevier, Volume 92, July 2014, Pages 39–59. DOI: 10.1016/j.datak.2014.06.002.
- Sumant Kulkarni, Srinath Srinivasa, Jyotiska Nath Khasnabish, Karthikay Nagal, Sandeep Kurdagi. SortingHat: A Framework for Deep Matching Between Classes of Entities. Proceedings of 10th International Workshop on Information Integration on the Web (IIWeb 2014) co-located with ICDE 2014, Chicago, Illinois, USA, March 2014.
- Srinath Srinivasa, Sweety Agrawal, Chinmay Jog and Jayati Deshmukh. Characterizing Open Utilitarian Knowledge. Proceedings of the First IKDD Conference on Data Sciences (CoDS 2014), New Delhi, India, March 2014.
- Rajeev Arora, Srinath Srinivasa. A Faceted Classification of the Opinion Mining Landscape. COMSNETS Workshop on Science and Engineering of Social Networks (SCINSE), Bangalore, India, Jan 2014.
- Sumant Kulkarni, Srinath Srinivasa. TRIEIR: Indexing and Retrieval Engine for Kannada Unicode Text. Proceedings of ICADL 2013, Springer LNCS, Bangalore, India, Dec 2013.
- M S Srinivasan, Srinath Srinivasa, Sunil Tulasidasan. Exploring Celebrity Dynamics on Twitter. Proceedings of IBM ICARE 2013. ACM Press. New Delhi, India. Oct 2013.
- Sumant Kulkarni, Srinath Srinivasa, Rajeev Arora. Cognitive Modeling for Topic Expansion. Proceedings of ODBASE 2013, Springer LNCS, Graz, Austria, Sep 2013.
More complete list of publications available from http://wsl.iiitb.ac.in/index.php/publications/