- About Us
- Masters Programmes
- Integrated Masters Programmes
- Research Programmes
- Continuing Professional Education
- Verification Process
Research & Innovation
Centres & Platforms
- E-Health Research Centre (EHRC)
- Machine Intelligence & Robotics CoE (MINRO)
- Centre for IT & Public Policy (CITAPP)
- Cognitive Computing CoE (CCC)
- Centre for Accessibility in the Global South (CAGS)
- COMET Tech Innovation Hub (NM-ICPS)
- IIITB Innovation Centre
- Modular Open-Source Identity Platform (MOSIP)
- Campus Life
Professor & M.S. Ph.D. Programme Coordinator
Education : Ph.D (IMSc Chennai)
Meenakshi is a Professor at IIIT Bangalore. Her research interests are in Formal Methods, Model Based Development for embedded software, Automata Theory, Software Testing. She is also interested in gender diversity and accessibility issues in IT. Meenakshi teaches courses on Software Testing, Automata theory and Computability, Discrete Mathematics, Graph Theory and Design and Analysis of Algorithms in the institute. Meenakshi's course on Software Testing has been offered on the NPTEL, Swayam platform since 2017 and more than 39,000 learners have enrolled for this course over the years.
Meenakshi did her Master’s in Mathematics from University of Madras, Chennai and her Ph. D. in Theoretical Computer Science from The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai. She joined the research department of Honeywell Technology Solutions, Bangalore soon after completing her Ph. D. and worked there in the areas of Formal Verification of Software Design, Model Based Development and Physical Access Control.
Formal Methods, Model Based Development, Automata Theory, Software Testing, Design and Architectures for Embedded Software
Conference and journal publications:
- Rajanikanth N Kashi and Meenakshi D’Souza, A verifiable multi-agent framework for dependable and adaptable avionics, in Sādhanā, 2021.
- Rekha Pai, Abhishek Singh, Deepak D’Souza, Meenakshi D’Souza and Prathiba Prakash, Static analysis for detecting high-level races in RTOS kernels, in Formal Methods in System Design, 2021.
- Kumar Abhinav, Vijaya Sharvani, Alpana Dubey, Meenakshi D’Souza, Nitish Bhardwaj, Sakshi Jain, Veenu Arora, RepairNet: Contextual Sequence-to-Sequence Network for Automated Program Repair, Proc. AIED (1), 2021: 3-15.
- Aritra Bhowmick, Meenakshi D’Souza, G. Srinivasa Raghavan, LipBaB: Computing Exact Lipschitz Constant of ReLU Networks, Prof.
ICANN (4) 2021: 151-162.
- Abhishek Singh, Meenakshi D’Souza and Arshad Ebrahim, Conformance testing of ARINC 653 compliance for a safety critical RTOS
using UPPAAL model checker, to appear in 36th ACM SAC, March 2021.
- Ameena K. Ashraf, Meenakshi D’Souza and Raoul Jetley, Coverage criteria-based testing of industrial robots, Proc. 16th IEEE CASE, August 2020, pp 16–21.
- P. Ezudheen, Zahra R. Afzal, Pavithra Prabhakar, Deepak D’Souza, Meenakshi D’Souza, Verifying Band Convergence for Sampled Control Systems, Proc. 12th NFM, California, USA, May 2020, pp 329–349.
- Ramakrishnan Raman, Meenakshi D’Souza, Decision learning framework for architecture design decisions of complex systems and system-of-systems, Systems Engineering, 22(6), 2019, 538–560.
- Abhishek Singh, Rekha Pai, Deepak D’Souza, Meenakshi D’Souza, Static analysis for detecting high-level races in RTOS kernels, Proc. of Formal Methods - The Next 30 Years - Third World Congress, FM 2019, Springer LNCS 11800, 337-353, Porto, Portugal.
- Sulochan Naik, Meenakshi D'Souza, Efficient Power Saving Method for WiFi Direct Devices in IoT based on Hidden Markov Model, in Proc. IEEE COMSNETS 2019, 565-567.
- Meenakshi D'Souza, Rajanikanth N. Kashi, Avionics Self-adaptive Software: Towards Formal Verification and Validation, in Proc. ICDCIT 2019, Springer LNCS 11319, 3-23.
- Vijaya Sharvani, Kumar Abhinav, Alpana Dubey, Sakshi Jain, Veenu Arora, Meenakshi D'Souza,FrAppLe: A Framework for Apprenticeship Learning, in Proc. ACM ISEC 2019, 26:1-26:5.
- Nitin Bhatia, Meenakshi D'Souza, Sujit Kumar Chakrabarti, Formalizing GPU Instruction Set Architecture in Coq, in Proc. ACM ISEC 2019, 28:1-28:5.
- Avijit Mandal, Devina Mohan, Raoul Jetley, Sreeja Nair, Meenakshi D'Souza, A Generic Static Analysis Framework for Domain-specific Languages, in Proc. IEEE ETFA 2018, 27-34.
- Abhishek Singh, Meenakshi D'Souza, Arshad Ebrahim, Formal Verification of Datarace in Safety Critical ARINC653 compliant RTOS, in Proc. IEEE ICACCI 2018, 1273-1279.
- Ramakrishnan Raman, Meenakshi D'Souza, Learning Framework for maturing Architecture Design Decisions for Evolving Complex SoS, in Proc. IEEE SoSE 2018, 350-357.
- Gracy Philip, Meenakshi D'Souza and Varsha P. Suresh, Automatic Generation of Safety Validation Test cases from System Architecture Fault Trees, to appear in Proc. 11th ACM ISEC, 2018.
- Palani Kumar, Meenakshi D'Souza and Debabrata Das, Efficient Anomaly Detection Method for Power Saving in massive IoT architectures, in Proc. ICDCIT 2018, LNCS 10772, Springer 2018.
- Rajanikanth Kashi, Meenakshi D'Souza and Koyalkar Raman Kishore, Incorporating Formal Methods and Measures Obtained through Analysis, Simulation Testing for Dependable Self-Adaptive Software in Avionics Systems, in Proc. 10th ACM Compute 2017, Bhopal, 2017.
- Avijit Mandal, Raoul Jetley, Sreeja S Nair and Meenakshi D'Souza, A static analyzer for industrial robotic applications, in Proc. 28th IEEE ISSRE Workshops, Toulouse, France, 2017.
- Maithily Diwan and Meenakshi D'Souza, A framework for modelling and verifying IoT communication protocols, in Proc. SETTA 2017, Springer LNCS 10606, pages 266-280, China, 2017.
- Hilam Patel, Meenakshi D'Souza, Nagesh Tikare, Method level power estimation and optimization in next generation smart phones, IEEE ICACCI 2017, 1010-1016.
- Gracy Philip, Meenakshi D'Souza and V. P. Abidha, Model-based safety analysis: Automatic generation of safety validation test cases, in 36th IEEE/AIAA Digital Avionics Systems Conference (DASC), Florida, September 2017.
- Ramakrishnan Raman and Meenakshi D'Souza, Knowledge based decision model for architecting and evolving complex system-of-systems, in Proc. INCOSE International Symposium, 27(1), Wiley, July 2017.
- Ramakrishnan Raman and Meenakshi D'Souza, Knowledge value stream framework for architecting complex products, IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Conference (TEMSCON), 2017.
- Gracy Philip and Meenakshi D'Souza, Model-based Safety Validation for Embedded Real-time Systems, in Formal Methods for Safety and Security Case Studies for Aerospace Applications, Nanda, Manju, Jeppu, Yogananda (Eds.), Springer, May 2017.
- Palani Kumar Subramanian, Meenakshi D'Souza, Design of a Power Aware Methodology in IoT based on Hidden Markov Model, Proceedings of IEEE COMSNETS-17, INDIA, 2017.
- Dhinakar Kalyanasundaram, Meenakshi D'Souza, Static Vulnerability Analysis for Secure Mobile Platforms, in Proceedings of 10th ACM Innovations in Software Engineering Conference (ISEC) 2017, Jaipur, INDIA, 2017.
- Ramakrishnan Raman, Meenakshi D'Souza, Knowledge Based Decision Framework For Architecting Complex Systems, in 32nd ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, ACM SAC 2017, Marrakech, Morocco, 2017.
- Rajanikanth Kashi, Meenakshi D'Souza, S Kumar Baghel and Nitin Kulkarni, Incorporating adaptivity using learning in avionics self-adaptive software: A case study, in Proc. IEEE ICCACI, Jaipur, India, September 2016.
- Rajanikanth N. Kashi, Meenakshi D'Souza, S. Kumar Baghel, Nitin Kulkarni, Formal verification of avionics self adaptive software: A case study, in Proc. ACM ISEC 2016: 163-169.
- Gracy Philip and Meenakshi D'Souza, Safety Validation of an Embedded Real-time System at Hardware-Software Integration Test Environment, to appear in Proc. 9th ICACCT, Springer Advances in Intelligent System and Computing Series, 2015.
- Sujit Kumar Chakrabarti and Meenakshi D'Souza, Graduate Course in Software Testing, Proc. ACM Software Engineering Education (SEED), 2015.
- Meenakshi D'Souza, Manoranjan Satpathy and S. Ramesh, Architectural Semantics of AADL using Event-B, in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Computing, Communication and Information Technology (IC3I), 2014.
- Meenakshi D'Souza, Teodor Knapik, Verification of Message Sequence Structures.
- International Conference on Distributed Computing and Internet Technology (ICDCIT) 2013, 171-182, LNCS 7753, Springer.
- Meenakshi D'Souza and Srinivasa Gopal, Improving estimation accuracy by using Case Based Reasoning and a combined estimation approach, Proc of ACM, India Software Engineering Conference (ISEC), 2012.
- Meenakshi D'Souza, Subhajit Roy, The ISEC 2019 Ph.D. Symposium. In Proc. ACM ISEC 2019: 30:1-30:3.
- Swarup Kumar Mohalik, Ramamurthy Badrinath, Mahesh Babu Jayaraman, Meenakshi D'Souza, Workshop on Developmental aspects of Intelligent Adaptive Systems (DIAS), Co-located with 10th ISEC, Jaipur, India. ACM SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes 42(4), 25-27, 2017.
- Atul Kumar, Vinay Kulkarni, Y. Raghu Reddy, Meenakshi D'Souza, Swarup Mohalik, Mahesh Babu Jayaraman, Joint Proceedings of the 2ndModelling Symposium (ModSym) and the Workshop on Software Architectures for Adaptive Autonomous Systems (SAAAS), co-located with the 9th India Software Engineering Conference (ISEC 2016), Goa, India, February 18, 2016. CEUR Workshop Proceedings 1561, CEUR-WS.org 2016.
- Abhik Roychoudhury, Meenakshi D'Souza, Theoretical Aspects of Computing ICTAC 2012 - 9th International Colloquium, Bangalore, India, September 24-27, 2012. Proceedings LNCS 7521, Springer 2012, ISBN 978-3-642-32942-5.
Courses taught at IIIT Bangalore:
- Software Engineering
- Theory of Computation
- Discrete Mathematics
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Software Testing
- Graph Theory
- Logic in Computer Science
Sponsored Research Projects:
- Two research scholars from SE lab are being funded by ABB Corporate Research, India for projects on program analysis, testing and motion planning for industrial robots: January 2016- July 2022.
- Royal Academy of Engineering, UK, and Mathworks India Pvt. Ltd., in collaboration with GEC Idukki, University of York and Indian Institute of Science funded a project on Refinement methodologies for Simulink: March 2016-2018.
- DST ICPS division has funded a grant for a project on Verification and Validation of IoT Systems: April 2019-2022.
- DRDO ER&IPR has funded a project on Formal Verification of Neural Networks as applied to Autonomous Systems: June 2019 to January 2022.
- Joint research project with IIT Goa and LaBRI, University of Bordeaux, on Verification of Adaptive Control Software, funded by CEFIPRA-DST, 2022-2025.
- Meenakshi D'Souza has consulted for STeP-IN forum, Mindtree and Robert Bosch.
- Training on modules in Software Testing conducted for Samsung India R&D Pvt. Ltd.
- PC co-chair CTiS 2022.
- PC co-chair, ACM ISEC 2022.
- Member, ACM India Council, 1st July 2018-30th June 2022.
- Associate Editor of Sadhana, Indian Academy of Sciences journal.
- PC co-chair, 16th ICDCIT 2020.
- Co-chair, Ph. D. Symposium, ISEC 2019.
- PC member of several national and international conferences, most recent being SoSE 2022, VMCAI 2020, GHCI 2021 and 2022 (academic track).