Jaya Sreevalsan Nair
Jaya Sreevalsan Nair obtained her Ph.D. in Computer Science from University of California, Davis; after a B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering from IITM and a M.S. in Computational Engineering from Mississippi State University. Prior to joining IIIT-B, she worked as a scientific programmer at Enthought Inc. Austin and as a research associate at Texas Advanced Computing Center, University of Texas at Austin. Her areas of interest are scientific computing, scientific visualization, computer graphics, and computational geometry.
Peer-Reviewed Conference Proceedings
- A. Narayan, J. Sreevalsan-Nair, K. Gaither, and B. Hamann, Isosurface Extraction from Hybrid Unstructured Grids Containing Pentahedral Elements, Kraus, M., Laramee, R.S., Battiato, S., de Campos, T., Jurie, F., Kato, Z. and Raducanu, B., eds., Proceedings of International Conference on Information Visualization Theory and Applications 2012 (GRAPP/IVAPP 2012), 660-669.
- C. Auer, J. Sreevalsan-Nair, V. Zobel, and I. Hotz, 2D Tensor Field Segmentation, Scientific Visualization: Interactions, Features, and Metaphors, Schloss Dagstuhl-Leibniz-Zentrum fur Informatik 2011, vol 2, 17-35.
- I. Hotz, J. Sreevalsan-Nair, H. Hagen, and B. Hamann, Tensor Field Reconstruction based on Eigenvector and Eigenvalue Interpolation, Scientific Visualization: Advanced Concepts, Schloss Dagstuhl-Leibniz-Zentrum fur Informatik 2010, vol 1, 110-123.
- W. Xu, and J. Sreevalsan-Nair, Visual Representation of Multiple Associations in Data using Constrained Graph Layout, Proceedings of EG UK Theory and Practice of Computer Graphics 2009, 65-68.
- J. Sreevalsan-Nair, E. van Nieuwenhuyse, I. Hotz, L. Linsen, and B. Hamann, An Interactive Visual Exploration Tool for Northern Californias Water-Monitoring System, Proceedings of Conference on Visualization and Data Analysis (VDA 2007), Part of IS&T/SPIE International Symposium on Electronic Imaging, 6495, 1–12, 2007.
- J. Sreevalsan-Nair, L. Linsen, and B. Hamann, Using Ray Intersection for Dual Isosurfacing, Proceedings of International Conference on Computer Graphics Theory and Applications (GRAPP ’06), 34-42, 2006.
- J. Sreevalsan-Nair, L. Linsen, B.A. Ahlborn, M.S. Green, and B. Hamann, Hierarchical Visualization of Large-scale Unstructured Hexahedral Volume Data, Proceedings of Lake Tahoe Workshop on Collaborative Virtual Reality and Visualization 2003.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Publications
- J. Sreevalsan-Nair, L. Linsen, and B. Hamann, Topologically Accurate Dual Isosurfaces using Ray Intersection, Journal of Virtual Reality and Broadcasting 4(4), 2007 (invited to special issue of Intl Conf on Computer Graphics Theory & Applications, 2006)
- D. Thompson, R. Machiraju, M. Jiang, J. Nair, G. Craciun, and S. Venkata, Physics-Based Feature Mining for Large Datasets, IEEE Computing in Science and Engineering, Vol. 4, No. 4, 2002, pp 22-30.
- J. Sreevalsan-Nair, C. Auer, B. Hamann, and I. Hotz, Eigenvector-based Interpolation and Segmentation of 2D Tensor Fields, Topological Data Analysis and Visualization: Theory, Algorithms, and Applications, Springer-Verlag, Mathematics and Visualization Series, 2011, 139-150.
- J. Sreevalsan-Nair, M. Verhoeven, D.L.Woodruff , I. Hotz, and B. Hamann, Human-guided enhancement of a stochastic local search, Visualization and adjustment of 3D pheromone, Proceedings of Engineering Stochastic Local Search Algorithms (SLS) 2007, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) Series, Vol. 4638, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, Germany, 182-186.
- K. Prasad B. V., N. Kumar, S. Agrawal, H. Gangakhedkar, and J. Sreevalsan- Nair, “Partial Implementation of Hybrid MD5-Blowfish Algorithm in Kernel Space on the GPU Using CUDA,” 19th Annual International Conference on High Performance Computing 2012 - Student Research Symposium (HiPC2012-SRS), Dec. 2012.
- K. Patel, J. Savalia, and J. Sreevalsan-Nair,
Parallelization of Complex Event Processing, 18th
Annual International Conference on High Performance
Computing 2011 - Student Research Symposium
(HiPC2011-SRS), Dec. 2011,
- M. Esteva, W. Xu, J. Sreevalsan-Nair, A. Athalye, and M. Hade, Computational Analysis and Visualization of Electronic Records Collections, Joint Annual Meeting of the Society of American Archivists and the Council of State Archivists, Austin, TX, August 11, 2009.
- M. Esteva, W. Xu, J. Sreevalsan-Nair, M. Hade, and A. Athalye, Finding Narratives of Activities through Archival Bond in Electronically Stored Information (ESI), Global E-Discovery/E-Disclosure Workshop: A Pre-Conference Workshop at the 12th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Law, Barcelona, Spain, August 6, 2009.
- E.van Nieuwenhuyse, J. Sreevalsan-Nair, I. Hotz, L. Linsen, and B. Hamann, Demonstration of an interactive data visualization tool for water resource monitoring networks in the Delta and its catchment, Laptop demonstration at Interagency Ecological Program (IEP) Annual Workshop 2007, California, 2007.
- J. Sreevalsan-Nair, C.S. Co, E.van Nieuwenhuyse, L. Linsen, and B. Hamann, Visualization of Water Resource Data, Poster presentation at U.C.Davis Student Workshop of Computing, California, 2003.